Saturday 29 September 2007

Progress at last..

Hi everybody


I've sorted out my frogging problems on the crochet cream cardi, I decided that the right front was 'wrong' frogged the little sod three times, only to find that the right side was right and the left side was wrong. Its now fixed and I'm on the sleeves and I will be very very glad to finish it!!!!!

Christmas Parcel (Ewe's my Stash!!!)
  • Ewe just need oddments of Twilleys Goldfingering, and a 3mm crochet hook
  • Make 23 ch and tr into 4th ch from hk, tr into each ch to end
  • Turn with 3ch and tr into each tr to end. Repeat this row to length required, keep folding work to give an idea of the finished square.
  • When you have your required length do not fasten off. Make 8 ch and join together with a ss. (This makes the hanging loop). Fasten off.
  • sew with a slip stitched edges tog leaving one end open to stuff (I used an old pair of black socks cut up) - recycle if you can!!
  • sew up remaining seam
  • using a contrast colour for the parcel tie, make a long chain, wrap round the parcel and tie to secure.

I have to confess I haven't had time to write out the others, but they will follow soon!!

I have bought a magazine which I haven't seen before 'Knitsimple Fall 2007' .

Its a Vogue one. Lovely patterns for mitts, legwarmers and tank tops. Just the things we need for the coming months, there are cute baby patterns and modular ones as well, a really good value mag!!

For all you crochet people I have found an excellent book, '201 crochet motifs, blocks, projects and ideas by Melody Griffiths'.

I bought this when I stayed in York. It has techniques and ideas which I have never seen before, very clear instructions and beautifully illustrated. Ideal for 'Ewes my Stash' stuff.

I have to say folks that the telly recently has been really awful, bring back some wonderful dramas to knit to please.

On an excellent note St Helens 10 Leeds 8, don't want to go through that again it was a very brutal match and stressful to watch. Come on you Saints!!!

Catch u soon,

keep tweaking,

love Aruba Blue xx

1 comment:

Linda said...

Thank you for the comment on my blog. Your crochet is great and I love the knitted teapot cosy! I am glad you sorted out the cardi you are making, look forward to seeing finished pictures.